Tuesday 29 October 2013

Empties, to repurchase, or not to repurchase?

WOW, just wow. You know that magnum advert where the woman bites into her ice cream, then it suddenly re-appears like she never ate any in the first place? These products felt like that. In some cases that's amazing because i've loved the product, but in other cases it's just been like ahhhhh WHEN WILL THIS END. But without further ado, I give you my empties.  
Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara This mascara is pretty self explanatory. And Everything it did, curls, defines, lengthens, blackens, takes your eyes for a dinner date, does your washing. Simply amazing and without a doubt my favourite high end mascara (so far) I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase this, however there are a few more that I wouldn't mind trying out as well ... so ... we'll see. 

Oooops another mascara Benefit They're Real! I bought the travel sized version because I was already very happy with my current mascara (Bobbi Browns) but I wanted to see what the hype was about. Honestly, I kind of see it, yes it was lengthening and sort of looked like false lashes, but I just didn't love it as much as I was hoping. I found that the brush made my lashes stick together and NEVER under ANY circumstance do you want spider lashes. Ew. I also found that because it was so hard to wash off, it ripped out a few of my lashes in the process *sigh*

Organix Moroccan Argon Oil I hate giving a product a completely bad review, but... I hated it. Ok, maybe that was a little harsh, I didn't 'hate' them as such. I was so excited to try these because of how good Moroccan oil is for the hair and I was in desperate need of some hair therapy. Having my expectations set so high I was very let down when the results were so far from what I hoped. After washing my hair for a few weeks with this shampoo and conditioner I found it so much more dry and damaged that before. I'm sure that a lot of people love this, but for me it's a no no.
Burt's Bees Acne Solutions Purifying Gel Burt and I didn't really get off to the best start. My skin used to be terrible so I bought this product along with about a truck load of other acne treatments to try and fix my pizza face. My skin just couldn't handle it and got so much worse so I stuck this acne wash to the back of my shelf and deemed it useless. Once I let my skin clear slightly without bombarding it with products, I went back to this and i'm honestly so glad I did. It completely cleared up the rest of my major acne without disturbing my skin at all. DEFINITELY repurchasing. 

Teleshopping adds are so fricken annoying unless it's 3am but in this case it's allowed. The Sheer Cover concealer is so creamy and has amazing coverage, I was able to use the light for under my eyes and a mixture of the light and medium for blemishes. If Bobbi Browns creamy concealer wasn't on my 'I really really really need this' list, and I could purchase the sheer cover concealer separately from the rest of the pack AND in a shop I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase, but that simply isn't the case. Many apologies. 
Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in 230 Nude Now was my go to whenever I wanted a no-nail-varnish varnish look last year. I really like the Sally Hansen varnishes because I find that they last so long without chipping and keep a smooth gleaming finish on the nail long after it's dried. I most probably won't repurchase this shade just because it's been and gone and i'm ready to move on, but as for Sally... I will stay faithful.

All I really need to say is that this is my second full sized bottle of Not Your Mothers Sea Salt Spray It stood out so much compared to other sea salt texturing sprays because it didn't dry my hair out at all which I've found is almost impossible with my hair! I'm not going to buy another one just yet, not because I didn't like the product, but because now that it's Autumn/Winter time I don't want that beachy hair look anymore and would prefer something smoother.

So there you have it!! God knows when my next empties will be, but I will promise you now i'll be posting a LOT more from now on!







No comments:

Post a Comment