Wednesday 30 October 2013

The lazy day 101

I think it's absolutely essential to have a lazy day every once in a while. A day of films, tea, staying in bed, food, blogging, staying in bed, reading, dancing around and .. staying in bed? So this is just a little post of what I feel the perfect lazy day consists of. 
Lazy days aside, if you're spending any day without waking up and having a cup of tea... you're doing it wrong. Strong, british, two sugars, preferably in a quirky mug. Perfection. I then go straight back to bed with my tea and check instagram, facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, bloglovin', youtube and email ... which usually takes me to bed time. Night x (just kidding, but it takes a good hour)

After that it's my favourite time of the day, breakfast!! I always like eating mine outside in the company of annoying dog, Duke. Living in Arizona it's sooooo hot all of the time and I  rain, so autumn and winter mornings are the only time I can enjoy being outside without melting into a puddle. Pancakes or eggs will always win over anything else, but only on the weekend. For week days I always have whole grain (honeyish, berryish or oat clusterish) cereal or porridge with a banana. There's a useless fact for you to take away from this.

  

Then it's time for a little blogging and reading. Currently mixing up Elle's November issue and Revenge Wears Prada: The Devil Returns by Lauren Weisberger. Unless you've been living under a rock you'll know that this is the sequel to The Devil Wears Prada, FABULOUS film. I'm also loving the Pumpkin Pecan Waffles travel sized candle from Bath and Body Works. I love love love when the Autumn/Winter scents hit the shelves from any candle company. 

I really enjoy cooking and baking and tend to always make something on lazy days. If you're from Britain then you know what i'm talking about when I say 'Aah Bisto.' My mum literally jumped for joy when she found it at our favourite shop, The World Market. I've got to say that Bisto really does kick all American gravy in the pie hole, so I decided to make a good old homely English cottage pie for dinner tonight. Yuuuuum

A lazy day would not be complete without a movie night in. My all time favourite is Love actually and I usually watch it at least once a week, even more towards christmas time #noshame?.. Now it's time to spend the rest of my evening on the comfiest sofa in the history of sofas, complete with a stack of movies, pyjamas and like the dedicated Brit I am ... tea and biscuits.



No comments:

Post a Comment