Monday 4 November 2013

The One

Take a moment. Look at it. Isn't it beautiful? Mature, elegant, warm, The One. Dolce & Gabbana The One has been my signature scent for the past two years. I may be reading into this too much, but the design and name very cleverly compliment each other. In comparison to something like Juicy Couture (I dabbled in Viva La Juicy for about a month of that 2 years) the design of The One is so simple yet I find stands out so much more than Juicy's charms, beads and frills. It's like they're saying 'you don't need anything else, because this is the only one' 



The scent inside matches the outside so perfectly, it's everything you'd expect from the classy gold exterior. Wearing this gives me in instant lift, i've found my friends and family telling me that the scent reminds them of me, and it's definitely been my most complimented perfume i've ever worn! MY description of the scent would go along the lines of ... sweet, warm, flowery, makes me feel like a lady ... However i've included an actual description of the scent for those of you who can't quite fathom what my description smells like. 

The One is a warm, oriental floral, with modern sensuality - a fragrance with a strong personality, and a contrasting golden sweetness. Created for the ultimate diva, The One is at once tempting, modern, and glamorous, embracing a touch of classicism. The top notes radiate a vibrant luminosity, with a sun-touched citrus, while warm fruity notes of luscious lychee and succulent peach add to the delight. The passionate heart evokes an exploding femininity, with an opulent floral soul, creating a distinct, audacious signature. An unexpected hint of plum glows as the base finally blooms with luscious allure into the lasting warmth of vanilla and sweetened ambery-musk notes.

Dare I say after that 5 star review that i'm ready to try something new? Well, I'm going to anyway. After two years I think it's time to switch things up. I'm determined to stay with that mature and warm scent perfect for a glamorous night out NOT that I ever have those though, but something like Chanel Noir is definitely on the table. Not to worry though, i'll keep you posted on how that goes.



No comments:

Post a Comment